CAPTAIN PHILIP FULKERSON
Captain Philip Fulkerson was born in New Jersey about 1750 and married Elizabeth Bruner about 1775. They moved to Jefferson County, KY about 1782; then to Nelson County about 1803; then to Ohio County about 1810. He died in Ohio County in 1813.
Philip and Elizabeth had nine children: Mary, Adam, Jane, Philip, Fulkerd, Rachael, John, Jacob, and Pamela.
1. Mary was born in NJ about 1776 and died in MO by 1846.
2. Adam was born in NJ about 1777 and died in Ohio County June 1843. He served during the War of 1812 from 15 Nov 1814 until 15 May 1815. Adam was married first to Rebecca Wakefield and second to Mary Bailey. Rebecca had six children and Mary four, all born in Ohio County. These ten children were: Molly, Nancy, Rebecca, Margaret, Kinchlo, Philp Adam, Julia, Susan, Oliver Perry, and Thomas Ennis.
3. Jane was born in NJ about 1779, married Samuel Robertson and moved to Burnt Prairie, White Co., IL and died there in 1845. One of her grandchildren, Raymond Robertson, taught school in Centertown. A son, Dr. James Robertson, practiced medicine in Echols, Ohio County.
4. Philip Bruner was born about 1785, married Sarah Ann Taylor, and lived in Ohio County, where he died 14 Feb 1845. They had 13 children.
5. Fulkerd was born about 1789 in Mercer County, KY and died in Ohio County April 1867. He had nine children.
According to Kentucky - A History of the State [by W. H. Perrin, J H Battle and G C Kniffin, 8th Edition published 1888, page 953], "Fulkerd when a young man, about 1812, came with his parents, who were among the early settlers, to Ohio Co, KY, then almost a wilderness. In this county Fulkerd Fulkerson was married, and after attaining his majority improved a farm on a part of his father's purchase, where he remained until the fall of 1823, when he sold and removed to White County, Illinois, where he bought a farm, and resided for some thirty-five years. His wife died in 1850 and in 1858, he sold his farm and returned to KY making his home with his children until his death, which occurred in April 1867 in his seventy-second year."
6. Rachel was born June 1792 in Mercer County and died April 1856 in Wayne County, IL. She married Thomas MacMackin Wilson and had nine children.
7. John was born about 1795; married Polly Graves 1816; and died about 1865. He was on the rolls of Captain Solomon Brandenburg's company, Third Regiment, Kentucky Detached Militia, when he was about 17, serving as an Ensign (third lieutenant) from 1 Sep 1812 to 25 Dec 1812. He served again from 15 Nov 1814 until 15 May 1815. They had eight children. He later married Ellen Belvins.
8. Jacob was born Feb 1799 and married Anne Skaggs. They had 13 children, all born Ohio County, KY.
9. Pamela (Permealy) was mentioned in her father’s 1813 Will.
If you are a Fulkerson, or if you are related to the Fulkerson family, you should check out Bob Fulkerson’s web site, which can be found at http://www.fulkerson.org/index.html#TRACINGS