Source: Daviess-Nelson County KyArchives Biography
Author: History of Daviess County, Kentucky, Inter-State Publishing Co., 1883
CHRISTOPHER JACKSON was born ten miles east of Hartford, Ky., in what was then Nelson County, March 13, 1813. His father, George Jackson, was born on the banks of James River, Virginia, and came with his parents to Mercer County, Ky., when a child. His father, Christopher Jackson, a doctor, was born in England and came with his parents to Virginia when a young man. He enlisted in the war of the Revolution, and was with Washington until the close of the war. He then returned home to Virginia and married Magdalene Boggus, and at a very early day emigrated to Mercer County, Ky.; was the first settler of Danville, at that time a howling wilderness full of Indians; from there he came to the Green River country and settled near where Hartford now stands, about 1778. There was a fort there at that time. He lived there a number of years; he died on his farm near Hartford. His son, George Jackson, remained on the old homestead near Hartford, and married Sarah Crawford. In January, 1816, just after the battle of New Orleans, he and wife came with six children to Daviess County, and was one of the first, if not the first, settler in what is now Boston Precinct. He settled on the farms now owned by James Melton and Dr. William Knox. In the winter of 1823 Mr. George Jackson purchased a large tract of land of 1,400 or 1,500 acres in the southeast part of what is now Masonville Precinct, where he died, November, 1838. He and wife had a family of twelve children, four daughters and one son now living. Christopher was the third son and fifth child. He was but three years old when his father came to Daviess County. Christopher Jackson married Nancy Lacklin, Jan. 7, 1841. She was born in Henry County, Ky., June 29, 1825, and was a daughter of Fielden and Elizabeth (Kelly) Lacklin. Mr. Lacklin died in Henry County in 1828, and in the fall of 1836 Mrs. Lacklin came with her children to Daviess County and settled on the farm now owned by James Ray, in Masonville Precinct. After his marriage Mr. Jackson settled on his farm in Masonville Precinct, where he still resides. Mrs. Jackson is a member of the Baptist church. Mr. and Mrs. Jackson have had twelve children, six living--Henry, born Nov. 27, 1844, married Eliza Christian Feb. 14, 1878; Josephine, born Nov. 7, 1846, married Virgil Johnson; Walker, born Sept. 18, 1848, married Amanda Christian, Nov. 10, 1881, and resides on his farm in Masonville Precinct (he and wife have one son, Virgil, born Nov. 23, 1882. Mrs. Jackson is a member of the Baptist church at the Bell's Run church. Mr. Walker Jackson is a Mason and a member of John J. Daveiss Lodge, A. F. & A. M., No. 389, at Sugar Grove church); Mercer Jackson was born March 10, 1852, married Sarah Burton; Richard Jackson was born May 4, 1856, married Mary F. Ware; Robert Jackson, born July 26, 1868. Mr. Christopher Jackson owned a farm of 400 acres, which he has divided among his children, except 140 where he and wife and youngest son reside. Mr. Jackson is one of the few old pioneers of Daviess County that are living. His uncle, Hugh Crawford, was an old Indian fighter of Daniel Boone's time. This uncle, with a few others, was captured by Indians while on a scouting expedition. All were killed except one man, who returned home and told the fate of each man. He saw all burned at the stake, among them Hugh Crawford and one of Bill Hardin's brothers. In politics he is a Democrat. He is a distant relative of "Old Hickory" Jackson.